Vicodin is used to alleviate pain symptoms in patients during recovery from surgery or physical trauma. The drug is a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate. Its extensive use can lead to dependence and addiction among some patients. Also, Vicodin dependence is difficult to overcome without proper medical treatment.
There are many reasons why Vicodin dependence is extremely hard to overcome. For example:
- Easily Accessible: Vicodin is easily accessible. Many people get pills from their doctor, family, friends, and the Internet, which further increases the risk of addiction.
- Multiple Prescriptions: Some people may seek various doctors in order to get multiple prescriptions for Vicodin.
- Seclusion: Some people may isolate themselves from family, friends, and shy away from social circles or obligations.
- Tolerance: For some people, tolerance to Vicodin may prompt them to take more frequent doses or in a higher dosage.
- Withdrawals: For some people, withdrawals occur when they try to taper off or stop taking Vicodin altogether. Withdrawal symptoms range from mildly unpleasant to severe.
- Fear of Withdrawals: Some people continue taking Vicodin for fear of experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms. This may lead to a higher risk of addiction and dependence.
- Mixing opioids: In certain circumstances, some people use other opioids in addition to Vicodin. This may increase health risks and can lead to complications and or overdose.
- Side Effects: Agitation, depression, mood swings, pain, digestive issues, and chills are among the many side effects of Vicodin addiction and dependence.
Are You Ready to Be Opioid-Free?
For the most successful rapid opioid detox treatment, call us now at (800) 423-2482!
Vicodin dependence is very hard to overcome because of its easy accessibility, ability to receive multiple prescriptions, high tolerance built up, severe withdrawal symptoms, and side effects. Recovery from Vicodin is a process that addresses the physical and psychological impacts on a person and requires proper medical treatment.
Vicodin Rapid Detox Treatment
An effective Vicodin rapid detox recovery plan should factor in the symptoms that may arise during detoxification, but also can minimize withdrawal symptoms. Customized programs that include a comprehensive evaluation are essential to overcoming an opioid dependence. Blood work and other tests allow doctors to observe the function of vital organs and regulatory systems.
Treatment methods must also provide time for the body to regulate itself so that its digestive, cardiovascular, and metabolic systems can normalize after extensive Vicodin use. A customized treatment plan is a safer and more effective method to overcome Vicodin dependence. Patients can regain their life and eliminate dependence on opioids.