Our mission is to reverse opiate dependence—humanely, safely, and effectively.
Waismann Method® was created in the late 90’s by Clare Waismann R.A.S, C. Bernstein M.D. and M. H. Lowenstein M.D.; it has concentrated its efforts on one exclusive location based in California, to focus on providing superior care to each patient who walks through the door.
After nearly two decades, Waismann Method center has a worldwide reputation and exceptional results due to our superior inpatient medical care, combined with an exclusive recovery retreat. We have successful helped thousands of patients undergo rapid detox.
Michael H. Lowenstein, M.D.
As medical director of the Waismann Method® treatment for opiate dependence, Dr. Michael H. Lowenstein oversees and administers the rapid detoxification treatment. He has been performing the Waismann Method for 17 years and has helped countless patients overcome their opiate dependence.
In addition to his work with the Waismann Method, Dr. Lowenstein heads a comprehensive pain management clinic in Southern California. He has earned Board Certification from the American Board of Anesthesiology, the American Board of Pain Medicine and the American Board of Addiction Medicine. Most recently, Dr. Lowenstein completed a fellowship and earned board certification in Anti-aging, Regenerative and Functional Medicine.
Dr. Lowenstein is a renowned expert in the field of pain management. He is widely sought-after due to his ability to connect with patients and recognize their needs, as well as his comprehensive approach to detoxification. Throughout treatment, Dr. Lowenstein understands his patients’ desire to feel better and comfortable in their own bodies, whether the cause of discomfort is the result of chronic pain, emotional or mental issues, functional imbalances in the body or very often a combination of factors. His approach to these issues starts with administering safe and humane medical detoxification followed by addressing improvements in physical and emotional function to achieve health and balance. This usually includes exercise, improved diet, positive lifestyle changes, normalizing sleep and more. Dr. Lowenstein’s desire to help patients make appropriate choices for their physical, mental and emotional health and restore proper function to their bodies, has lead him to be a leader in the field of opiate detoxification and pain management.
Dr. Lowenstein is a graduate of the Loma Linda University School of Medicine, the University of California, Berkeley and the University of California, Irvine. He enjoys yoga, meditation, Pilates, rowing and beach volleyball.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- American Academy of Anti-Aging and Restorative Medicine
Institute for Functional Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Practitioners
- American Association of Pain Management in Ultrasound
- International Spinal Injection Society
- California Society of the Industrial Medical Council
- American Academy of Pain Management
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia
- American Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomate 07/1989
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Diplomate 04/1993
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 09/1994
- Added Qualification In Pain Management
- American Board of Pain Medicine, Diplomate 03/1996
- American Board of Addiction Medicine, Diplomate 2009
- Qualified Medical Examiner, State of California 09/2001
- American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative 12/2009
- Medicine, Diplomate
- Medical Board of California
- Fluoroscopy Supervisor and Operator
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
David Livingston, M.F.T., M.A.
David Livingston, M.A., M.F.T., is a licensed psychotherapist who has been working with the Waismann Method® for nearly two decades. David is the Director of Treatment and Patient Care at Domus Retreat. At Domus, David provides individual psychotherapy for all patients after they have completed their opiate detoxification. David has been working with patients struggling with chemical dependency for nearly two decades, specializing in the treatment of opiate addiction.
David is also the Director of the Center for Psychotherapy and Wellness located in Southern California. He is Certified in psychoanalytic psychotherapy by The Los Angeles Institute and Society for Psychoanalytic Studies. At Domus, David helps patients through the process of individual psychotherapy. Individual therapy provides a safe and in-depth environment to uncover the internal and external tensions that drive any unwanted behaviors. He understands that patients want to know why they are struggling with chemical dependency and then what behaviors and changes will move them toward the life they truly want.
David is very interactive bringing insight and empathy at a time where patients often feel vulnerable. All patients are treated respectfully with an understanding that their treatment will be tailored to their individual needs. David Livingston is a graduate of Antioch University, Los Angeles, and the University of California Los Angeles. He enjoys meditation, tennis, and hiking. David is a member of The California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. He has also been a guest lecturer at the University of Southern California on the treatment of chemical dependency. He was an adjunct professor at Yosan University Los Angeles.
- Certified, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Los Angeles Institute and Society for Psychoanalytic Studies
- Director, Center for Psychotherapy and Wellness
- Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists